Are WGT Golf Lite and WGT Golf Mobile different games?
- WGT Golf Lite is for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G (iOS 4.3+), with limited features
- WGT Golf Mobile is for iOS 6.0+, Android 4.1+, and Amazon Fire OS 3+ with many features available in the web game
WGT Golf Mobile
Which devices are supported?
- Golf Mobile in the App Store supports iOS 6.0 or newer on iPad 2+, iPad mini, iPhone 4+, and iPod touch 4+. First-generation iPads have too little RAM to play the game.
- Golf Mobile on Google Play supports Android 4.1 or newer, but some devices may not be supported due to other technical limitations.
- Golf Mobile on Amazon Fire supports Fire HD/HDX 3rd Gen devices (Fire OS 3+) or newer.
How do I bind my account?
- On the main page, tap the WGT icon in the upper lieft corner
- Select "My Account"
- Choose "Save Account"
- Enter your email and a password
- Click "Save"
You may also save with Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon.
Why is binding my account important?
Saving your account with an email address or Facebook account preserves your account and allows recovery in the event of loss. An unbound account cannot be restored if you lose access to the account. We cannot verify your identity, so we will not be able to assign or reset your password.
Can I play on my new phone or other devices?
Yes, if you bind your account first on the device where you created your account. Then log on to the other device or the web with your username and password.
What happens if I log out?
If your account is bound to an email address or Facebook account, you can simply log in again whenever you want. If it is not bound, your account is at risk and you have no expectation of keeping your account. You may attempt to recover it by choosing "Existing WGT Player" > "Never had password". If your Device ID matches the Device ID you created the account on, you can enter your email address and password to recover the account. If the Device ID has changed, the account is lost forever.
How could my Device ID change?
- Getting a new device
- Factory reset of device
- Upgrade to a new OS version
- Carrier software changes that reset the OS
- Uninstall of all WGT apps (iOS only)
Can I change my player name?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change your WGT account name. Your account name is tied to your email address, and neither can be used to create additional accounts.
How many courses are available?
At this time, players can choose to play on Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course, St. Andrews Links, Bandon Dunes, Pinehurst No. 8, Edgewood Tahoe, Congressional Country Club, Pebble Beach, Bethpage Black, Wolf Creek, Pinehurst No. 2, Celtic Manor, The Olympic Club, Valhalla, Royal St. George’s, Harbour Town Golf Links, Merion, and Bandon Dunes.
What type of game mode can I play?
You can play:
- Stroke Play games where you play a full course from tee to green
- Closest-to-the-Hole games where you take one shot and try get the ball as close to the hole as possible
- Head to Head where you can play with a random player or a friend in a 3-hole stroke play game
Can I choose a different avatar?
WGT allows players to choose a male or female avatar to play on the course. Players also have the ability to upload their own profile picture.
How do I change my clubs?
Please keep in mind that players are unable to update or modify equipment during a game.
- On the main page, tap your profile picture in the upper-right corner
- Tap on Equipment
- Select the desired club section
- Swipe left or right to highlight the club that is currently equipped
- Tap on Unequip Club
- Swipe left or right to highlight the club you wish to equip to your bag
- Tap on Equip Club then on the slot you wish to equip the club to
- Tap on Save & Close
Why did I receive a "Tournament No Longer Active" error message?
Players receive this message when they are logged in both on mobile and the web. In order to resume a saved game, players will need to either close the mobile app, or log out of the web game. If you wish to continue playing on the web, please refresh the game window before resuming the game.
Where are my awards?
Players can earn Awards while playing on mobile. However, the Awards will not be displayed on the mobile version at this time. If you earned the Award on mobile you will be able to view that award on your profile page on the web.
Can I earn free credits?
Players can earn free credits by completing offers or watching videos. Just tap on the Earn Free Credits icon and choose an option. If you had an issue with receiving credits, tap on the question mark on that page and then tap on Contact Support.
Are country clubs available?
Country Clubs are now available on WGT Golf Mobile to view. You can play in your club tournaments but you cannot create a club tournament.
Will my stats count while playing the mobile version?
Each account is synced regardless of platform. All of your Stats gained while playing on mobile will appear on your profile page on web and mobile.
Can I change meters?
At this time, only the Original Meter is available to players on mobile.
Can I save a replay?
Players can now save replays using Everyplay. Replays are only available for devices that have enough memory. This includes the iPad Mini retina, iPad3+, and iPhone 5+.
Can I remove the flagstick?
The flagstick cannot be removed at this time on the mobile version.
Where is my golf bag?
Bags are not included in the mobile version.
Can I play the Hole-In-One challenge?
Any Closest-to-the-Hole game, including Blitz games, are available for Hole-in-One Challenges. Hole-in-One Challenges are also available on Stroke-Play courses in Ranked and Tournament games.
Can I access the forums?
Mobile players can only access their Country Club Forum.
Can I get a refund for some credits I spent?
Please contact us with the details of what happened.
Can I get a refund for an in-app purchase?
WGT cannot issue refunds for this game. You must contact the Apple App Store or Google Play Store in order to receive a refund from purchasing this app.
Why did the Level-Up Boost that I purchased not increase my level?
Players must exit out of the Pro Shop after purchasing the Level-Up Boost in order for the item to apply.
What is XP, what is it used for, and how do I acquire it?
- WGT Experience Levels are based on actions you perform on WGT, such as completing rounds, hitting shots, earning awards, and interacting with other players. You will level up as you play and interact on WGT. Your character will start at Level 1 when it is new.
- At new Levels, players will be able to unlock new virtual items in the Pro Shop previously unavailable to them.
- You will receive experience points for shots taken and hole-in-ones immediately after the ball comes to rest. For all other game-related activities, you will earn the associated experience points after you complete the game you are playing. This should give you extra incentive to complete all of your started games.
Do I receive XP each day I play?
Players will receive bonus experience points for playing consecutive days on WGT. In order to earn a Consecutive Days bonus you need to have completed a game at least two days in a row. Please make note that Consecutive Days are based on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and not your local time zone.
- Two Days: 90 XP
- Three Days: 180 XP
- Four Days: 270 XP
- Five Days: 540 XP
- Six+ Days: 880 XP
What is a Tier, how do I advance to the next Tier, and why does it matter?
- A tier is your skill classification in WGT Golf. Based on the scores you shoot in 9-hole or 18-hole Ranked Stroke-Play rounds or Stroke-Play Tournament rounds, you will be placed into a tier. The better your scores, the higher your tier will be. The basic tier is Hack, followed by Amateur, Pro, Tour Pro, Master, Tour Master, Legend and Tour Legend.
- Advancing to the next tier requires a qualifying Average Score AND a minimum amount of completed stroke play games, which will take a little more time but will help players reach the Levels necessary to unlock upgraded equipment that is helpful to compete at higher Tiers.
- Your tier defines your level of play in the game. Much like a 'handicap' in real golf, your tier will dictate at which level you can enter a tournament to ensure that you will compete against other players of similar ability.